Friday, June 01, 2007

6/1/07

For some time now I have been referencing my plans to go to a number of Lowell Spinners games in my personal blog. What I haven't really gone into in detail is that the Spinners are just a part of my larger plan to see a multitude of baseball games all over New England. In fact, in total, right now I have plans to see no fewer than 40 games total this spring. Those games will span every professional park in New England as well as every park in the Cape Cod League. My experiences are going to be documented here, usually on Tuesdays, but with the occasional Friday post, as well. This is my planned itenerary.

5/11 - Boston Red Sox vs. Baltimore Orioles (MLB)
5/22 - Dracut Midshipmen vs. Lowell Red Raiders (HS)
6/9 - New Britain Rock Cats vs. Bowie Baysox (AA)
6/10 - Connecticut Defenders vs. Binghamton Mets (AA)
6/16 - Wareham Gatemen vs. Harwich Mariners (Cape)
6/17 - Orleans Cardinals vs. Chatham Athletics (Cape)
6/18 - Bourne Braves vs. Orleans Cardinals (Cape)
6/23 - Cotuit Kettlers vs. Wareham Gatemen (Cape)
6/24 - Chatham Athletics vs. Orleans Cardinals (Cape)
6/25 - Hyannis Mets vs. Falmouth Commodores (Cape)
6/28 - New Hampshire Fisher Cats vs. New Britain Rock Cats (AA)
6/30 - Yarmouth-Dennis Red Sox vs. Orleans Cardinals (Cape)
7/1 - Harwich Mariners vs. Wareham Gatemen (Cape)
7/3 - Lowell Spinners vs. Tri-City Valley Cats (A)
7/7 - Falmouth Commodores vs. Yarmouth-Dennis Red Sox (Cape)
7/8 - Brewster Whitecaps vs. Orleans Cardinals (Cape)
7/9 - Yarmouth-Dennis Red Sox vs. Harwich Mariners (Cape)
7/13 - Lowell Spinners vs. Batavia Muckdogs (A)
7/14 - Cotuit Kettlers vs. Hyannis Mets (Cape)
7/15 - Brewster Whitecaps vs. Falmouth Commodores (Cape)
7/15 - Chatham Athletics vs. Orleans Cardinals (Cape)
7/16 - Bourne Braves vs. Cotuit Kettlers (Cape)
7/20 - Lowell Spinners vs. Williamsport Crosscutters (A)
7/21 - Pawtucket Red Sox vs. Louisville Bats (AAA)
7/22 - Orleans Cardinals vs. Wareham Gatemen (Cape)
7/23 - Bourne Braves vs. Cotuit Kettlers (Cape)
8/1 - Lowell Spinners vs. Brooklyn Cyclones (A)
8/4 - Hyannis Mets vs. Cotuit Kettlers (Cape)
8/5 - Harwich Mariners vs. Orleans Cardinals (Cape)
8/6 - Bourne Braves vs. Falmouth Commodores (Cape)
8/10 - Lowell Spinners vs. Hudson Valley Renegades (A)
8/16 - Lowell Spinners vs. Vermont Lake Monsters (A)
8/18 - Portland Sea Dogs vs. New Britain Rock Cats (AA)
8/19 - Portland Sea Dogs vs. New Britain Rock Cats (AA)
8/22 - Lowell Spinners vs. Aberdeen Iron Birds (A)
8/23 - Lowell Spinners vs. Aberdeen Iron Birds (A)
8/24 - Lowell Spinners vs. Aberdeen Iron Birds (A)
8/25 - Vermont Lake Monsters vs. Brooklyn Cyclones (A)
8/26 - Vermont Lake Monsters vs. Brooklyn Cyclones (A)
8/31 - Lowell Spinners vs. Tri-City Valley Cats (A)

Those are the 40 games, as they stand in my mind. I may or may not go to all of them, I may or may not go to some that are not listed here. For example, I could very well go to some of the Cape League post-season games on the weekend of 8/11, and if the Spinners make the NY Penn League Playoffs, I will certainly try to get tickets for at least some of those games. Some of the games I already have tickets for, two of them, of course, I've already been to (I'll do my formal write-up of those two games on Tuesday).

You'll notice that half of the games are Cape League. This is for one very simple reason: Cape League games are free (they take donations at the gate, but they're optional and they'll be happy if you give them a couple bucks). 3/4 of the games are either Cape League or Spinners games, and the reason for this is that my apartment is in Lowell and my parents have a house on the Cape, so those are the games that are most convenient for me. But, as I said earlier, I do plan on visiting each and every professional ballpark in New England for at least one game.

Well, we'll see how it goes. Politics sometime this weekend, if I get around to it. Till then...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home